Friday, July 1, 2011

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE COUNTRY--PEARLS OF COUNTRY LIFE

My new chickens escaping the pen after I spent time trying to secure it this morning before work--DON'T LOVE THAT SO MUCH.....








Having to post a sign like this during our barn sale, because a good tractor is one of the most valuable things in the country......................












More yellow lilies--another variety bursting into bloom..........

We took a ride this evening to observe the gardens of our friends in the surrounding countryside and I got inspired for this blog post. Wish I had had my camera with me as I saw several pearls of country life along the back roads.......

Waving to a fellow farmer as he turned onto our road and the same country song was blaring from his truck as we had on in our car........

Crossing a dirt road bridge over a small creek where some girls had placed tiger lilies and butterfly weed in the handrails for decoraton......

Watching abundant wildlife and farm animals--deer, cranes, songbirds, calves, horses, kittens, dogs, and ducks...........

Passing no less than 4 different places where our ancestors owned fields and farms in the 1800's all within a few square miles.........

Coming home to my own comfortable farm!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you will remember to thank God for a wonderful country to live in this Independence Day! Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful ride on a wonderful evening.
    I've mostly sat here scratching my itches :-(

    Sorry about your chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I learn things from people's blogs. Reading this I am reminded of what I love about home and country life, but no matter how eloquently I describe it, I cannot make my husband want it like I do. He doesn't "miss it," like I do. Made me think of heaven and how much God must want us to taste the joys waiting for us. Which is why He blesses us with true abundance of joy, love and peace. Tastes of things to come. A description of Heaven's beauty will never drive us home like the thought of His presence does.

    Don't you love it when someone blogs in your comments. Sorry...got a little excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary! Some of the blogs I follow get longer comments and I do that! It's ok with me! Keep the comments coming--long or otherwise. I'm glad I touched your heart with the post!

    ReplyDelete