Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WEATHERING THE STORM

I SOMETIMES DO GET BORED STAYING HOME, BUT I ALSO CAN'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE THAT CAN'T FIND ENOUGH TO DO! THE BIG BLIZZARD OF 2011 BEGAN TO HIT US YESTERDAY AFTERNOON ABOUT 4:30. I DON'T MIND A GOOD BLIZZARD AS LONG AS NO ONE GETS HURT. IT GIVES YOU EXTRA TIME TO ACCOMPLISH AND TO US CLASSIC "TYPE-A-ER'S" THAT'S A GIFT!

Our list of accomplishments since the storm hit:

Made pizza
Made econo-potato soup out of leftovers
Watched Jane Eyre
Read Bible
Vacuumed
Fed Birds
Cut out a new skirt
Knitted on a sweater
Plowed out driveway
Read books
Worked on proofreading third book
Prayed
Exercised on treadmill
Spun some Icelandic wool into laceweight
Emailed friends
Battled my way out behind the barn to dump peelings into the compost


What does your list look like? I feel like we're just getting started and actually haven't accomplished much yet. It will be fun to see what all we get done while "snowed in." Let me know what you are planning to do during this confinement! Blessings, LORI

4 comments:

  1. Excuse me... I made pizza, not you! I know you said "our" list of accomplishments but I can't help but think it was a sneaky way of making it sound like it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everyone! Rhiannon made the awesome pizza. She gets credit for that, but only half credit for the awesome bread and rolls that just came out of the over! More details on that later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way Rhiannon - keep it honest :)
    Thinking of you all this weekend...wondering what you'll do for an "encore"!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, for starters, yesterday I worked the first day of my new job! I LOVED it except for the aching feet at the end of the day. I am now a library clerk. Actually I don't know the official title, but that best describes it--a job I've wanted for many, many years! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete