Wednesday, November 10, 2010

FALL FENCEROW FILIGREE



I wish I had had this picture of the lacey little cabbage earlier in the summer when I did a post on "Nature's Lace." Check it out at http://lorizehr.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html It would have been perfect. I was pretty excited to see it in my garden this time of year when everything else is dry, brown, and frostbitten. I love light green and off white together--it's one of my favorite combinations in clothing, dishes, etc. This pretty little cabbage is just as nice as a rose, if you ask me and should have been in the other post!

We've been having unusually nice weather here this week and so I went out to the English garden to do a little more fall cleanup. I was surprised to find this bittersweet growing in profusion in the nearby fencerow. It is very pretty and I had no idea that it was there. What a nice surprise.

We've had a very busy week and I haven't had time to post anything yet so I hope you enjoy these few pictures until something more exciting comes up in my knitting, baking, or homemaking world!

2 comments:

  1. I think the cabbage is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Thanks for snapping that picture for us too. :)

    ReplyDelete