Thursday, August 12, 2010

BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS!




"Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks." Deuteronomy 28:4
I just wanted to share some pictures of summer's bountiful blessings with you! The picture of the roaster full of corn was taken during our annual sweet corn freezing operation. Rhiannon's generous employer plants a whole field of corn for the families of employees! We are so blessed by that. I never have to raise sweet corn because of their generosity. The corn this year was exceptional! The ears were 100% filled out and HUGE! All the rain we've had has made the gardens overflow.
The next picture is of a few hills of potatoes that I dug this afternoon. The garden is getting weedy since it's been so hot that I failed to get out there like I should. I decided to dig a few hills so I had a clear path for tilling. I was absolutely amazed to see red potatoes this huge. I have never seen them like this. We had a potato for supper--yes, that's right, a single potato fed both Clint and I with some left over!
The last picture is of a supper I cooked a week or so ago that was all from our property except the corn. A beautiful plate of sliced tomatoes--nothing like home grown! The herbed potatoes were some of the many, many potatoes we have this year, the corn is from Rhi's employer, and the fried chicken is the first I cooked of the chicks we raised this spring. I was really proud of this supper! I felt like a real Proverbs 31 woman!
I am thankful that we live in a place where we can eat the good of the land and enjoy the blessings of God!


2 comments:

  1. I could almost smell that chicken when I saw the picture.

    When I was home (MI) last week I was able to get together with the Schwartz' one evening and all the home grown dishes were sooooo good. I love those wonderful gifts.

    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete