Monday, February 27, 2012

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE PRIMARY...

Twas the night before primary and all through the state....

Not a conservative was sleeping, we dared not be late.....TO THE RICK SANTORUM EVENT, THAT IS!

Yes, that's right! Rhiannon and I went up to Kalamazoo early in the day and we waited from about 2:30 pm, watching for the line to form outside the Christian school where Rick Santorum was scheduled to speak. At shortly after 5 we got in line. The first picture is of me all bundled up against the cold and wind (two coats, a scarf and gloves!).

They let us in at 6 and Rhi and I were among the first 10 people in the door. We got front row seats--although we had to stand--no chairs except for special guests (directly in front of us). The event began a little after 7, I believe. The event was wonderful! A homeschooled young man recited Patrick Henry's famous "Give me liberty or give me death" speech in full patriot costume and never missed a word! Other pastors and candidates spoke, then Rick Santorum spoke for nearly an hour without any notes--completely from his heart as far as we could tell. He was awesome! I got to shake his hand and tell him that I pray for him everyday!

As well as that, shortly before the program the Duggars (second picture)walked in and stood right in front of us!!!! They graciously signed autographs. I talked to Mrs. Duggar and got her signature on a picture of the family---Kori, do you want your autographed picture laminated before I send it or not?????!!!!!

What an exciting day! Years ago as a young girl I got to shake hands with the President of the United States, Gerald R. Ford, as he toured Michigan on a train and made campaign stops. I never thought I'd get this type of opportunity again! Making history!

If you are a fellow Michigander, please don't forget to vote! Check the candidates stance on the issues carefully and be sure to make it to the polls tomorrow! Blessings, LORI













1 comment:

  1. Thank you for directing me to your blog!! For some reason I'm not sure I've ever seen it but I will from now on! Thank you too for all the nice comments you've posted over the years! Santorum has made a few visits to our state too but we have never managed to catch him. Sounds like a great evening you had! The Duggars were a bonus!

    ReplyDelete