Thursday, February 23, 2012

A FINISHED PROJECT--OR ALMOST!



How do you like my new sweater set? It's been under construction for about 5 years! I finally finished it--or almost! Actually the shell needs to be blocked and side seams sewn.


This pattern comes from the Country Diary Book of Knitting--an older book that I think has an awesome pattern collection. This one was called Hawthorn Blossom. Interesting.....when my daughter and I made our trip to England I was enthralled with the beauty of the hawthorn trees blooming in the fencerows. Let me know what you think. I included a close-up of the lace design for you to see. Blessings, LORI

5 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty, Lori! I admire your talent and perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,for the compliments, ladies. Rebecca, I don't know if you knit or not, but I've certainly enjoyed your sense of design from your blog pictures. Louellen, I take that comment as a real compliment since I've seen your INCREDIBLE knitted work--and after only a few years of knitting, if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't knit or crochet, but I know "pretty" when I see it! And I'm aware of the time and ability that goes into crafting items such as these!

      Delete
  3. Barbara left a lovely comment on my sweater, thanks, Barbara! But when I went to publish it it somehow got "lost." So sorry, but thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete