Friday, March 4, 2011

A SIMILAR LIKENESS........

I just finished another painting! I tried painting from a photograph this time. I think it went better overall! Rhiannon took this picture when we were in England. It is one of our favorites.

I had to think about the fact that I want to be an image of my Heavenly Father, a good likeness. I should be striving to be a better likeness of Him every day, not just a person with occasional similarities to His character. Thankfully, Jesus has made us righteous when we are "in Him!" The Father views us as His children through the wonderful grace of His Son! What a good thing that is! I need His righteousness since I will never "measure up!" Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lori! This is a wonderful painting! Your progress is amazing! I have a small collection of sheep. You can imagine how I adore this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I think it's my new personal favorite of the few I've done. Of course, part of that is because the photo itself is my favorite of our trip to England. I wish I'd thought to size the picture better. It's so close to the edges of the paper, it'll be hard to frame! What does your sheep collection consist of? Figurines? I LOVE sheep and part of that is because of being a spinner. My eye is drawn to sheep pictures!

    ReplyDelete