Friday, March 25, 2011

THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!


THIS WEEK I CELEBRATED THE BEGINNING OF THE SECOND HALF OF MY LIFE! I've always said I'll live to be at least 100 and so that means I am in the infant stages of Part 2!


I turned 50 on Wednesday and a few days before I received the best birthday present you can imagine--for me! Rhiannon finally found the name of ONE of our grandfathers that served in the War for Independence (Revolutionary War)! HOORAY! This is a recent goal that has now been met! She stumbled upon this name, not the grandfather we were originally looking for that we knew had served--but another grandfather of whom we were totally unaware--James Wright, Sr. of Litchfield, Connecticut! And.....not only that....there was his will in his own words, testifying of his faith in Jesus. That is so exciting to find such a thing! In addition to that, excerpts from his son's diary told of life in the colonial days and how he remembered his soldier/father and how it was to see him coming home after they had been told he died in battle!



Rhiannon is a historical/genealogical sleuth and I'm so proud of her. She is discovering all kinds of things that my grandma, now passed on, would have loved to have known.



This was a good way to begin the 50th year of my life! I hope to pass on this Christian legacy and other good things to many people. May my second half of life be more productive for the kingdom of God than the first! Blessings, LORI
PART 2 OF "A HOPE AND A FUTURE" COMING SOON!

4 comments:

  1. What kind of friend am I? Happy Birthday, Lori.
    What an interesting "find" here! How many generations does this go back?

    I also read your previous post. I look forward to hearing what you'll share. (The challenge will be breaking it up into suitable blog snippets as opposed to chapters in a book!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is "10" generations. That is really cool, but now I look at that and think it seems recent compared to the further genealogy Rhiannon was able to do on another branch of that family stretching back to the early 1100's That one was something like 28 generations completely unbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!
    So thrilling about your ancestors. I am very keen on history.
    Visiting via Barbara from England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Elizabeth, for taking time to visit and for the lovely comment. I too love history and wish I had a teaching degree in history.

    ReplyDelete