Friday, March 4, 2011

TUESDAY EVENING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT

This last Tuesday evening, I had a book signing at the local library where I work! It went very well and I wish there had been a better picture of me alongside this table, but alas, they were all very "interesting." Seems I was always caught with my mouth open! Well, it was a speaking engagement after all!

I talked about my two books and then a bit about the third in the series that I hope will be out later this spring. I used the example of my grandma's diaries to encourage people to journal down everyday events and family history for the sake of the future generations. I also spoke a bit about the traditional values in my books and how I think we need a return to good moral stability and the values that made us a great nation.

I had a great time, though I felt a bit nervous speaking on a topic as opposed to teaching Sunday School or giving a sermon. This was a little different and it's been a while since I did this kind of speaking. But once I got started, it went quite well. People asked lots of questions, which made it easier and I guess I'm a born talker! Wish you all could have joined me! Blessings, LORI

6 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a successful evening, Lori. I'm sure you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kori and Rebecca. Wish you could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    thanks for stopping by. I didn't know you were a writer. I would love to know more about your books. How I wish I could have been at your signing. Blessings Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checkin' in, Lori. Waiting to catch up with your latest "projects"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I would have truly enjoyed your talk and book signing! I'm not a talker, though I get called upon to speak on many occasions and have done some casual writing myself. So I can identify with many of your experiences. I come from a Pastor's family and my husband and I were headed to Brazil as missionaries and then, ended up in Bolivia, S.A. where we raised our family. These last years we have served as Reps for our mission and travel a great deal. Even on the field our responsibilities changed from time to time. As servants of the Lord, we make ourselves available to Him and so often that means change. A pastor once told us, "The captain of the army has the right to move his troops where he wants them." So true. Changing ministries is difficult but at the same time is a good opportunity to exercise faith. It is all a walk of faith isn't it? Each day is an adventure with Him!

    Another thing He has taught me is that He uses us in a particular way "for a season." These seasons change. Looking back, I need to rejoice in what was and leave it in His hands. Then renew my fervor to see Him work through me in this new opportunity He has placed before me.

    I wasn't sure where to answer your comments on my blog so hope this was ok here. Feel free to remove it from this space if you'd like. I'd love to dialogue more with you and glad we found each other!

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete