Thursday, December 2, 2010

A FEW NEW ITEMS IN DECORATING




Just wanted to post a few pictures from around the house. My daughter in law suggested this when she was home recently. She said folks like to see decorating ideas on blogs. I want to share one of my favorite dormer corners with you. I have posted about it before, but there have been some recent changes!




This is a picture of my "European Corner," as I call it. I recently added some items to this dormer. I was cleaning the other day and happened upon this antique gold picture frame that I've never put a picture in! I decided not to let it sit around any more! It is now a frame for hanging herbs and flowers to dry!
As well as that, I recently added a few new plates and a plate rack to the wall below Vermeer's "Lacemaker." I am especially fond of this painting becuase I too am a bobbin lacemaker. The new plate rack was given to me by a friend who did not realize I had the exact matching two lengthwise ones. They hang on the opposite wall! I was thrilled to get it! The new plates--the ones in the middle--came from a second store. They pick up the bright primary colors of the room quite well. The new decor cost a total of $12.50, so I am thrilled with the cheap changes!
We are leaving for Iowa tomorrow. Have a blessed week! LORI

1 comment:

  1. I think the flower drying picture frame is a really creative idea!

    ReplyDelete