Monday, December 13, 2010

PEACE ON EARTH

Somehow, I managed to get two of the same pictures on here. Then I realized how appropriate that was to my post title! Peace, Peace! Can you get too much of it?!


"Peace on earth" is part of the declaration of the heavenly host from Luke 2 in the account of Jesus' birth. It seems to be a statement that the Prince of Peace has now arrived,' things are being set right in the world, God has sent the provision for your total well-being!


This week we received the same huge winter snowstorm that blanketed much of the midwest. I think a good snowstorm creates a sense of 'peace' in so many ways. When the snow has stopped falling, the countryside looks clean, sparkling, glistening, and peaceful. It forces you to stay inside, slow down, and do things you have been putting off--things like writing letters, baking, spending more time as a family, and gathering around cozy places. I think a heavy snowfall is a positive thing once in a while!

Pictured here is my garden sign, "PEACE," now almost buried in snow. Also pictured is "Mrs. Wren's house" with snow on the roof! Blessings of peace to you in this wonderful season, LORI






7 comments:

  1. Very nice and very brave of you for wading through it all to take those pictures. No way I was gonna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, but you were in the house doing other work that saved me a lot of time! So thank for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking outside right after the snow's been dumped on us and everything is white and hasn't been disturbed yet. Still no snow here! Although it's beautiful I am in no way envious of you! lol We will get our fill when we get to Michigan in just 3 days!!

    JT and I were just talking about that verse that you listed just within the last week or so. "....Peace on earth, Good will toward men." The meaning isn't necessarily that there would be peace between men (as is very evident) but peace between God and man. And how incredibly thankful we are for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've often thought that our seasons are not taken advantage of enough. We are seldom interrupted in our busy schedules by something so trivial as a change in our surroundings. We turn the heat up, turn the air on, close the windows and turn the lights on so that our schedule never changes. Don't you think God meant for us to adapt to the changes? Winter is meant for rest, short days and long nights for more sleep. Big snow storms are surely for peaceful stillness. I hope you can continue to enjoy that peace through Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wonderful comments, Mary and Kori. Good thoughts. And, next time Rhiannon, I'll send you out because you take better pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "peace" sign is MY kind of sign...And "NO!" I can't imagine getting enough of it!

    May His peace continue to flood our hearts, reign and rule our minds, and permeate our homes and relationships.

    By the way, is "peace" painted or carved or both on your sign?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca: Ths sign is painted. I had several of these little wooden signs with biblical virtues listed on them. We sold them at our bazaar several years ago. Mine are gradually falling apart after several years of use. I think I have more to post about "peace" for a future post. This one drew several comments and it made me think of other good things to say about "peace." Thanks!

    ReplyDelete