Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A QUICK MID-WEEK HOMEMAKING TIP

I am in the middle of a really busy week for the family! We are preparing for my mother-in-law's auction on Saturday, but I wanted to post a little something while I had a minute!

I discovered a good homemaking tip for those of you who are into "saving money" by drying your clothes the old-fashioned way--on the outdoor clothesline!

I don't know why it has taken me all these years to discover this "no-brainer" idea, but anyway, after about 30 years of almost constant clothesline usage, it finally dawned on me how to avoid an annoying problem. T-shirts always come out with wrinkled clothespin marks after they've hung all day. The only way to rid them of the annoying little puckers and dents where they hung is to iron the pin mark out--or so I thought until last week.....

It finally dawned on me after all this time just how to hang the shirts to avoid this! Take the t-shirt and flop it over the line and place the clothespins at the underarm where the side and underarm seams come together. Any marks left will be "ironed out" by your body heat when you wear the shirt and even if they weren't, they will be unnoticed under the arm! Voila! How come nobody told me this all these 30 years? Hope you enjoy this little helpful hint! See ya' on Founder's Friday! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. I've never thought about that!! When I get my clothesline I'll definitely hang them that way! If I get the supplies my dad said he could put it in this weekend for me!! :)

    I was poking around Andrew Wommacks website today and found this link (http://www.wallbuilders.com/default.asp) Not sure if you have ever heard of it but it looks pretty cool. Under the library tab they have a ton of historical documents, writings, and articles. It looks pretty interesting and I thought of you because of your Founders Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a clothesline. Our first house had one but I took it down because I never used it and Kris thought it was ugly. I worked full time then, didn't have any children and hanging clothes on the line seemed unnecessary at best. Now...we're in a neighborhood that would probably frown on it and my backyard is such a slope it would be impossible. There is a someday that has a real back yard in my future. :)

    ReplyDelete