Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FUN IN THE SPRING!

Here are a few pictures of Emma and Sophie that we took just yesterday.They and their parents walked to our house from their home in town. Emma rode her tricycle and I Sophie rode in a backpack. Sophie is wearing the little knit hat that I designed and made last winter. It has "ear flaps" and is pretty cute. Emma was playing with sidewalk chalk out on the cement in front of our garage. I just love this picture of her even though her eyes are closed!

The other picture is Emma among the daffodils in my English garden. I love this one too and think it is portrait quality! Guess who took the pics?

We're working on getting read
y to make a quick weekend trip to Iowa for our friends' wedding. Clint was asked to perform the ceremony. I am hastily making a new dress. I chose the Folkwear pattern number 265--the Afternoon Tea Dress. I found a silky fabric on sale for the underdress. It is a peachy, rosy, gold fabric that has a v-shape ironed into it--like a seersucker, but not cotton. The overdress/tunic is like chiffon. The print is dark brown with purple, peacock blue, and shades of rosy pink. The dress is a reproduction of the styles of the early 1900's when women donned loose comfortable dresses for afternoon tea. It's a lovely pattern and I enjoyed working with it, but I am no fit expert. I have one of those shapes that only an expert can fit and rarely find clothing ready made that will work for me. This project gave me a few things to deal with in the fitting department. But I have high hopes for the finished effect! Maybe I'll post pics if all goes well! New chicks arriving tomorrow! Keep the faith! Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet little girls. Love the pictures. Of course we'll need to see the dress too, but it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the girls! Even though Miss Emma has a bruise on her forehead from hitting the door. You'll definitely need to post pictures of the dress because I did not understand a word of the description!! lol Way over my head...but I'm crafty and sewing more and more now so my knowledge is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely post pics of the dress, but maybe not on me. Probably on the dressmaker's dummy which always 'wears' things well! It's an early 1900's loose, flowy type of style. Some of my favorite era in fashion!

    ReplyDelete