Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hi y'all! Well, I feel like I'm back in the south with the beautiful sunshine here today. It's about time for Michigan to get its share of sun. Almost all of the rudely late snow has melted today. I actually hung some stuff on the line this afternoon. That is great since we are all trying ways to beat the slowed economy. One of my ways is to hang more laundry out than I dry in the dryer. But this is really just normal life for me after many years of living on a shoestring during early marriage and child rearing. There is nothing like the smell of fresh clothing that has hung on the line on a crisp day. A little extra work, yes, but well worth the effort in freshness and economy. Try it. Another tip: carefully laundered white linens can be sun bleached by placing them wet on green bushes or out on the grass in the sunshine. I have often been the privileged recipient of old linens since people know I save them for needlework, cutting the good portions out and using the lace and embroidery. This little trick of laundering them and then placing them on the grass in the sun has resurrected many yellowed treasures. Just make sure they don't blow away and don't let the neighbor's dog drag them off!

I checked the gardens again today and no visible progress has occurred. Can you blame the stuff? It is too late in the year for snow and yet we sure got it. I wouldn't have wanted to poke my head out into this cold yet either if I was a flower. I would put it off until major days of relentless sunshine were upon me. Putting things off.....hmmmm.......

This morning I was reading in Acts 24 about the Apostle Paul standing trial in front of Felix the governor. I noticed that Felix was convicted at one point when Paul was speaking. Make sure you read the 24th chapter and watch his response. When Paul was talking about righteousness, self control, and the coming judgement, Felix became uneasy. He sent Paul away and told him that when it was "convenient" he would call for him again. Wow! Is that ever the way we people are when it comes to spiritual things. Don't put off the promptings of the Spirit when they occur. You never know what you may be missing. If you have not yielded to the promptings of the Lord to receive His grace and salvation, what better time is there than today? Today is the day of salvation, according to the Bible. It is not worth putting off until tomorrow. There may not be a tomorrow. But that's not all. If you are a Christian already, do not put off those things that the Lord is telling you to do. The Lord is counting on you to represent Him in the world.

Got into sewing a little spring dress today for Emma. It turned out differently than I thought since I decided to use what I had in the drawers and stash of ribbons and fabric rather than purchasing anything new. It's cuter than I could have imagined if I had spent tons of money on new supplies. So, sew, rewarding, and another economy beater! Hope you all are having a wonderful day in the sun. Blessingss, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment