Wednesday, October 2, 2013

IT'S AS EASY AS APPLE PIE

It's that time of year again...time for an All-American favorite--Apple Pie!
This particular pie is a "Dutch Apple." My daughter said she was hungry for one and we happened to have a bushel and a half of apples on hand for making sauce. So....I threw this together one morning and oh, wow!!! If I do say so myself, it was GOOD. The recipe will go in the cookbook I am writing. Yes, I know...I don't really like to cook, but I'm compiling a family history/recipe type of cookbook and have been working on it for several months, adding in recipes of my own as well as favorites from both sides of the family tree.
 
I was pretty excited because I've only made Dutch Apple once or twice in my life--you see, we are cream pie fans in this house. But I just made up a recipe (I did use the measurements for a favorite crumb topping) and was very happy with the results. So happy, in fact, that I ate a slice before I remembered to take this picture! The pie didn't last long and Clint doesn't even care for this kind of pie so he didn't have any. Guess who finished it off?

In answer to the question posed in last post: The tractor was older by 10 years! However, it's not going gray and someone has done very well in giving it all the facelifts it's needed over the years! Blessings, Lori

1 comment: