Saturday, September 14, 2013

WILL SHE WIN OR WILL SHE LOSE? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

WEll, it's that time again! Time for the annual St. Joseph County Fair in Centreville, Michigan!
This year I decided to post a different way. You get to see at least one of my entries before the judging. You can decide if it's a winner or a loser!

This carnival glass dish was a wedding gift to Clint and I 31 years ago. Several years ago I started taking floral arrangements to the fair in this dish. The category is THE MORNING SERVICE-arrangement for a church.

My first attempt back then was GORGEOUS! However....I used the wrong floral foam and the water dried up within hours and it never made it to judging with a flower still alive! Some of the workers informed me of my mistake and thought it would have been a winner otherwise. The next year I tried very hard to get the right foam and re-create the piece. I failed again, with a second purchase of incorrect foam.

The other arrangements were basically the same as this one, only with lots more pink (zinnias). This year because of the late drought I was literally searching my flower beds for any available blossom (except the profuse marigolds) and picked the very last of any pink or purple flower on the property. Even those were shaggy and almost gone, but somehow, I made it work.--complete with the RIGHT FOAM!

When the people in the flower barn saw me coming today, they began recounting the story of those other arrangements and how they had been so pretty! So will we win this year????

RIGHT FLORAL FOAM--ALMOST NO FLOWERS

YOU BE THE JUDGE!

I used a profusion of sage leaves to fill in the holes. Do you think that little touch in lieu of flowers will put me over the top?

REPORT AT THE END OF THE WEEK! I also entered a crocheted shawl, a scarf, a jar of canned venison, black raspberry jelly, two pressed flower pictures, a card of antique buttons, and a box of tiny darning threads, also antiques.

WILL SHE WIN OR WILL SHE LOSE???

Blessings, Lori

3 comments:

  1. I'd say its a winner! It's beautiful and would look great in our church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and hope you win in your other things as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think judging was today but I haven't learned the fate of the flowers yet!

    ReplyDelete