Friday, September 6, 2013

JAMMIN'

Suddenly we had an amazing multiplication of peaches from a tree we planted in our yard several years ago believing it was a weeping cherry. After a few seasons, I began to wonder since it never really looked like a weeping cherry!
 
Suddenly last year we noticed two peaches on the tree! We picked them and watched for a few more. I think we harvested 21total last year and they were delicious!
 
This year I picked two plastic grocery bags full! They are little but delicious and have a beautiful "blush." They seem to be a free-stone variety and I wish we had taken time to spray and water. They were so nice untouched that I wonder what they could have been if they had had lots of care!
 
So I decided to make jam--three batches so far! It's quite tasty! Glad the tree wasn't a weeping cherry after all!
 
Blessings, Lori

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! That jam looks deLIcious! Friends have given me peaches - also small but very tasty. Mostly we've eaten them fresh or I've sliced and frozen them for smoothies.

    I enjoyed seeing the flowers in your previous post. I need to plant me some Morning Glories. They are delightful (as are your others, too).

    ReplyDelete