Sunday, May 22, 2011

A YEAR AGO...OR THE GIRLS I MISS SO MUCH!



I couldn't resist doing a post on what we were up to a year ago. Mother's Day Sunday last year was dedication day for my two granddaughters. Some of you who now follow my blog weren't with me last year and didn't see these. They are some of my favorite pictures of the girls.


I've been longing for my granddaughters so much lately. I suddenly realized that last year about this time (actually a few weeks ago) we were having a special Sunday--their dedication at church. I had spent lots of hours making them special dresses out of the same fabrics. Their "coats"--Emma's bolero and Sophie's long ruffled coat were made of flannel backed satin. Their main dresses were a rosy fabric covered with a sheer overlay and edged with lace. Emma's dress had an ornately decorated ribbon waistline. My dress was new too, one I had made from Folkwear's Afternoon Tea Dress Pattern representative of the early 1900's dresses.


There's nothing I love better than taking pictures by a fully blooming spirea bush (see my book, The Fields of May) and last year my spirea out by my English Garden was in full bloom two weeks earlier. It's just now starting since we've had such a cold spring!


It's amazing how much the girls grew and changed in just one year and how much gray-er Granny got and how much more the garden is out of control! Thanks for sharing these special moments with me once again! Blessings, LORI





2 comments:

  1. Yes, Sophie changed the most, of course. In this picture, she looks like a baby and now she is a toddler--a little girl walking around. Don't you love Emma's pose? She looks like she is curtseying!

    ReplyDelete