Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ANOTHER BOUQUET

I'VE BEEN LONGING TO POST, BUT WAS GONE FOR FOUR DAYS THIS WEEK TO LIBRARY TRAINING WAY UP NORTH. THE LOVELY LODGE WE STAYED AT HAD NO PUBLIC COMPUTER, BUT THE VIEWS AND ACCOMMODATIONS WERE WONDERFUL. SO I WAS UNABLE TO EVEN CHECK MY EMAIL ALL WEEK. I WAS TAKING THE TRAINING FOR THE FIRST LEVEL OF CERTIFICATION. NOW, I SHOULD BE WAY SMARTER HERE AT THE END OF THE WEEK THAN I WAS AT THE FIRST! TRUTHFULLY, I DID LEARN SOME VALUABLE THINGS.

HERE'S ANOTHER PICTURE OF A BOUQUET FROM OUR YARD AND GARDENS. WE ARE ENJOYING THE SPRING FLOWERS AFTER SUCH A LONG, COLD, DAMP, WINTER AND SPRING. WHEN I GOT HOME, I WAS AMAZED AT HOW THE TREES HAD LEAFED OUT AND FLOWERS POPPED OPEN IN JUST FOUR DAYS.

WHAT'S IN BLOOM IN THE GARDEN RIGHT NOW? SHASTA DAISIES, FORGET-ME-NOTS, LILY OF THE VALLEY, LILAC, HONEYSUCKLE, IRIS, SWEET WILLIAM, CANDYTUFT, AND DANDELIONS--WELL, I HAD TO INCLUDE THE HUMBLE DANDELION! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet that training was interesting - and what fun...to stay at a lovely lodge!

    The bouquet is ANOTHER beautiful one! It's SO wet here. The creeping phlox are blooming, the lilacs came and went, and iris are now BEGGING for some sunshine...

    There IS a lot of lush green stuff all around us though.

    It was good to hear from you, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Rebecca. Yes, you are just enough farther south than us to have a slightly earlier season on flowers. We need some consistent nice weather. I do dread the heat though and would settle for low 70's all summer!

    ReplyDelete