Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Miscellaneous!

Hi, everyone! I haven't had much to say this week, so no posts! That's a first! But here are a few pressed flower pictures that I finished yesterday. I am getting some items ready to sell since I will be speaking at a Lenten breakfast at a nearby church in about 10 days.


We've been really busy getting my mother-in-law ready to move out of her home of almost 50 years. The house sold after about 2 weeks on the market! It was amazing in this economy! We will be having an auction and that means lots of work for our family leading up to that event.


Plus all that, the time changed last weekend and now we are on daylight savings time for the summer. That means longer days to work! I cleaned out the chicken pen today and all around the coop in preparation for new birds. Many tall weeds had grown up last fall after the chickens were not there to scratch. I let them go and now that they are dried they were easy to pull. I am thinking about buying a group of meat birds in April and then laying hens in June.


I also cleaned off about half of the English Garden flower beds today. This is the first really nice day we've had that I could work outdoors. I also was able to take a walk and hang laundry on the line. We sure hope spring is here to stay!


Spent the afternoon in town looking at lots with my mother-in-law and meeting with a builder. She plans to have a new home put up and I am very happy for her. I remember all the excitement of getting my new home about 7 years ago. Lots of decisions and it keeps you busy!


May I encourage you to keep reading the Bible diligently in these days? So much is happening that threatens to change the course of our lives. The only steady things are those that pertain to God; things like love, the Word of God, His care for us, etc. An unshakeable stability is found in the truths of the scriptures. All the earthquakes going on around the world remind me that all that can be shaken is being shaken lately, or so it seems. Let's not be one of the things that can easily be shaken. Let your foundation be built on God's word. Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment