Thursday, January 21, 2010

BAKING, KNITTED LACE GLOVES, AND MORE ON NOBILITY!

















Just wanted to share a few pictures with you today before launching into another post on nobility! The first picture reveals the finished product of the picture I recently posted asking you to guess the knitted item! A pair of knitted lace fingerless gloves! I really like them. They keep your hands pretty warm. At first I couldn't understand why anyone would want to wear "fingerless" gloves, but many people do, I have learned, and they are quite comfortable! Do you like them? I surely enjoyed knitting them.

The next pictures are out of order, but they are as you can see, a pan of dinner rolls, the finished product of what I'm doing in the last few pictures. But, a bit of explanation--I had recently decided to try a recipe for bulk hot roll mix. I have an old cookbook of bulk recipes for master mixes. A hot roll mix is in there, so here I am mixing up the simple ingredients. The rolls, very tasty I might add, are the result of the recipe you see me making!

MORE THOUGHTS ON NOBILITY

Have you been pondering what it means to be noble? I think we use the term somewhat incorrectly nowadays in that we often think of royalty when we speak of nobility, as if someone can be of "noble birth," or born into a royal family. While that may be one shade of the meaning of nobility, I think there's more. It's a quality as well as a station. Therefore, you can aspire to nobility without being the child of someone who is heir to a throne! The Bible reference I cited in Acts certainly would support that. The group of people in the verse are called "noble." As I said, at first I was really confused about this and wondered about this quality. If you read the whole verse ( I was centering on the noble part and not considering the other part as much!) you see that nobility, at least in one sense, is a response to life's situations.

The verse in Acts speaks of the Bereans being more noble than those in Thessalonica in that they searched the scriptures daily to see if what Paul was teaching was true. Nobility was based on their response to information presented to them. Nobility was a behavior. More on the next post.......Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment