Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FREE FOOD FROM THE DITCH!

Just thought I'd share a picture of spring's bounty--free from the ditch across the road! How can you beat that when the same stuff sells for $2.45/lb. in the farm markets? This is my second picking and since no one else but my Mom likes asparagus, I was all set for supper. I got one DELICIOUS serving out of this handfull of free green shoots--the second I've cut! In other years I have seen folks stop to cut this particular group, but this year I got there first! I guess I'm missing my childhood when we used to cut it where it grew wild along the railroad tracks that I spoke of in my last post! Blessings, LORI

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I've ever tried it before... but that's awesome that it grows right across the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I love to cream it and serve over toast! I think I missed the spring crop :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fresh picked Asparagus but never known the spears to grow wild.

    ReplyDelete