Sunday, June 19, 2011

KNIPHOFIA FOREST--SHARING BOUQUETS FROM MY GARDEN

I thought you might like to see one of the more unusual plants in my English Garden--the Kniphofia, or Red Hot Poker. This plant was given to me by a friend and it easily multiplies. I'm getting quite a collection of them. I think they are very interesting. I'm trying to get other things planted among them that will bloom at the same time since they are a little stark by themselves, however, they really do lend interest to a garden! They look like orange flames or tall candles.
Below the plants you can see one of my garden stones. This is the first one I ever made. Yesterday we were cleaning out the barn and I devoted more of my old dishes that used to be garden border dishes for making garden stones in the future. I use the broken bits of plates, jewelry, etc. for creating beautiful stones for the pathways.

Today we were privileged to have lunch with cousins visiting from Tennessee. We met them after church. and it was great to visit even for a short time. I hope you had a blessed Sunday! LORI

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to make some of those garden stones one day. I have a stack of cracked pots to work with already. :)

    ReplyDelete