Saturday, June 18, 2011

HOLLYHOCKS AND HONEYSUCKLE

I am anxious to share a few flower photographs with you! My first hollyhock of the season is blooming right outside my laundry room window! Hooray! Hollyhocks are one of my favorite flowers.

Next is the amazing honeysuckle. This humble vine was "borrowed" from JT and Kori's house. It is so fragrant its scent permeates the entire English Garden. What a treat to sit out there (if the mosquitoes don't carry you away) and enjoy it's perfume. My English Garden is way in the far corner of the back yard, far from the house. I noticed yesterday that the honeysuckle perfume hits you about 20 feet before you get to the garden!

We have been very busy. I've worked 4 days this week and will work 4 next week as well. We also started cleaning the barn in anticipation of a BIG sale! Today I washed all my garden dishes--none were put out this year...yet. I smashed a few for garden stones and kept a few for a playhouse in case we ever can put one up for the granddaughters. The rest are ready for a garden!

Have a great Sunday! I hope you will attend church and remind your pastor and his wife that you appreciate them! Blessings, LORI







4 comments:

  1. Glad the honeysuckle is doing so well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried hollyhocks one year and some kind of bug ate them - leaving only lace where leaves once were. I would love to have some healthy ones. They remind me of the farm I lived on as a child.

    Your honeysuckle is beautiful. (I don't have any of that either - but can just about smell it by LOOKING at it!)

    How as the pastors' conference???? I'd love to hear a highlight or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the hollyhocks have that lace leaf thing going on. Usually they get done blooming before it's too bad. Anyone have suggestions for how to cure this? As you can see in the picture, it has started on the lower leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy honeysuckle. We had some along the back fence at our first house and there is some along the back end of our neighbor's property here. When the wind is just right I can smell it from the back porch.

    ReplyDelete