Friday, July 2, 2010

"We're Not in Kansas Anymore, Toto!"




On Friday morning last week we made an early trip to Centreville for the "setting" of my mother-in-law's new house! How exciting this was! It was a most amazing, synchronized operation! It seemed like only minutes until the two pieces of the modular home were put together. I never imagined a house could go together so fast! It's going to be very nice. This is a big change for her. She had lived in the same house for almost 50 years until this spring!





I am so excited for her. She has a lovely wooded lot in one of the nicest parts of town. Many neighbors and friends stopped in to see the big event and all were giving their congratulations. I thought you would like to see this as well! Thanks be to God for the way He arranged all this. Many big changes had to happen in order for this to occur. Her house sold in less than two weeks and right now on the Michigan market, that's an accomplishment! She bought this beautiful lot (it overlooks the pond behind her girlhood home!), she was able to rent a lovely apartment for the duration until the house is done, and relatives stored her furniture for free until she can move in! Many, many blessings to be thankful for!



I always think of Dorothy and Toto everytime I see a house being moved. I once saw a clever sign attached to a house that was up on the moving truck. It read, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto!" Of course, I loved that, being a fan of the Wizard of Oz since early girlhood. I made it a point to never miss that movie each year when it was on tv. The one experience in Africa with the Ruby Slippers all stemmed from my love of that movie! God will use all kinds of experiences to teach us things. I think I posted the Ruby Slipper Incident on an earlier blog. Check it out if you want, it's an amazing account of a true happening. I have been using it each time I speak for women's groups for the past while. Ladies love the story and it ministers a very special aspect of God's care to people. The incident that happened to me talks about provision. That's just like what I am showing you today with the house pictures--the provision of God. It is really obvious that He intervened in my mother-in-law's situation and put the puzzle pieces together at just the right time after 10 years of her contemplating such a move. Praise be to God!

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me that they are able to build a house, move it to a different place, pick it up and put it together perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete