Sunday, March 29, 2009

I didn't think I'd get the chance to post much this week, but lo and behold there was a computer available at our first hotel. We left Michigan at 1:24 this afternoon and arrived in White House, Tennessee, just north of Nashville about 7:30 pm. We thought that was pretty amazing time! The weather is lovely here. As soon as we crossed the Tennessee line, the sun peeked through. The pretty spring trees are in bloom and the grass is GREEN! Wow, does that look welcome to these northern eyes after the kind of winter we had.

I am so looking forward to a week in the south. I have never been in the south this early in the spring before and am anxious to see all the beautiful blooms of the season at this early date.

Worked on one of the sweaters that I have been knitting forever. Actually it's a "shell." It is a lace pattern, square neck, and sleeveless. I am making it out of the prettiest cotton/nylon yarn with a slight shimmery thread running through. The color is off white. I can't wait to have it done, but the front of it was giving me some trouble, so I finally did what I hate to do most--ripped it out and started over. Through the southern part of Indiana, I got it started all over again and am glad I did. It was well worth the effort of ripping and starting over. Sometimes that's good to have a fresh start with things. Jesus does that for us. He takes all our sins and baggage and allows us a fresh start with His love, Spirit, and forgiveness. He is longing to give you a fresh start. What a trade--all the garbage of our lives for His goodness! Will you respond? Spring is a good time for fresh starts. Don't put off praying to the Lord and renewing your relationship with Him. You will not be sorry. He is faithful.

I am looking forward to a week of resting, visiting, and renewing relationships with friends and cousins here in the south. I hope to get a bit of time to really wait on the Lord in prayer. I will be speaking at my first women's event--a Mother/Daughter banquet later this spring, and I want to be sensitive to what the Lord has to say through me to these particular women.

Garden update: Went out and checked around the flower gardens. Crocuses are up and blooming in many colors around my English garden. In the vegetable garden the rhubard is poking up and unfurling it's curly, burgundy leaves. This is a sure sign of spring. Even a few onions that got "missed" in the harvest are growing in neat little rows, pushing their long green stems ever upward. Spring can't be far away. I hope today's spitting snow didn't discourage them!

Have a lovely week! LORI

2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope we get to see you while you are down this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we didn't get to see you. Our time was almost 100% taken up. Maybe next time. I'm sure we'll be back down since we had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete