Friday, January 3, 2014

SLEDDING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND


We had a fun time playing outdoors in the snow while the grandkids were home for Christmas! We sledded all around the farm and built a snowman! Good family times together. Making memories for the future!

Sophie and Huxley posing with our snowman! He has eyes made from walnuts and of course, the traditional carrot nose. We found a broom and hat for him and some sticks for arms! He began a slow melting process the next day, but the kids enjoyed noticing that some of the snowman was still left yesterday covered with several more inches of  new snow.

I even took a short sled ride at one point! Not as easy getting up and down on a sled as it used to be especially with layers of clothes encumbering me! Somehow more difficult to get around in the snow than when I was Huxley's age! Huxley really enjoyed the adventure though!

Aunt Rhiannon, me, and the oldest grandkids making cookies with my Mom looking on in the background. Four generations here in the kitchen all at once!
 
Looking forward to a prosperous, blessed 2014!
 
Blessings to you! LORI

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to YOU! Sure looks like you had some fun times, Lori. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see all of you. Loved seeing your Mom in the picture too. Hi, Mary :) Huxley looks like a smaller version of JT and Clint. My goodness those Happel and Zehr genes are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fun. I posted myself doing same down the hill in our road couple years back.Instead of using the brake I tried to slow down by using my foot and ended up toppling right over while still moving.I was only 73 then!

    ReplyDelete