Saturday, November 30, 2013

THE FIRST IN A LONG TIME ANNUAL CHRISTMAS BOUTIQUE SALE

This is how rednecks announce a "boutique" sale!
Some outdoor décor that helped set the "shabby chic" boutique mood.
 

Using picture frames for double duty at the front door.
Re-used English garden décor--made useful in the front landscaping right before it heads to the barn for the winter.
 
Some items I had for sale! I love this basket made entirely of beads! I am not all that sorry it didn't sell. In it are some nice pine cones and "novelty" yarn balls I created from scraps of leftover fancy yarns. I tied pieces together randomly and it will make a nice border or insert stripe in a plainer scarf or other knitted item.
Using the old spinning wheel for display. I put all the handspun on this wheel. This area had a more rustic feel with the items featured. The scarves with lavender in them are all or partly made with handspun. The gray one, I call it the "Chain Mail Peacock," is original design, knitted and bordered with crocheted flowers. The main yarn is a gray Icelandic, locally raised, that I spun. The turquoise and deep rose are a bling yarn I spun and the pink is a hand dyed I purchased from a friend. The chevron scarf is cotton blends of turquoise and rose and some of my handspun alpaca with more of the handspun bling makes up the lace chevron edge. This too reminded me of a peacock! Striped scarf on the right is self-striping sock yarn that I embroidered with cream colored flowers and edged with crochet border.
Got these gorgeous, brand new, soft scarves last year and added the lace to create the signature "Fields and Fences" look of plaid and lace or Victorian combined with country!
Tried to sell dried baby's breath and lavender from my garden and these beautiful dried roses. Still have those for next week.
These were popular. I had two pictures like this and both are sold. Notice the "dyed" Queen Anne's lace florets in the mix and how they pick up the jewel colors of the frame.
Another pressed flower picture complete with butterfly. I find butterflies and moths that have already died--I do not sacrifice them for pictures.
One of my favorite items. This is a handknit tea cozy complete with teapot. This sold. The teapot was gorgeous. It had pink flowers and a yellow hummingbird. I used one of the leftover flowers from making the "Chain Mail Peacock" scarf and attached it below the spout as a "drip catcher."
Here is a view of the main table. Here I featured jewelry, vintage pillbox hats, glassware, tatting and more!

Finally the great little 4ft. tree I got at Goodwill for about
$5.50 or so. I added the pearl string and some plastic snowflakes. The other ornaments came from the second hand store as well. If you look close you can see the little "framed" ornaments. I purchased these ornaments and added Currier and Ives or scenic vignettes from Christmas cards to make little ornament pictures. They are popular too.

 As well as the items featured, we had spinning and bobbin lace demonstrations on hand for interested customers to view and we served complimentary hot tea.

Hope you enjoyed my sale! I surely did! Blessings, LORI

No comments:

Post a Comment