Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SAY CHEESE!

Taking advantage of every possible moment to enjoy the grandkids while they are still in Michigan!
After our trip to the cheese factory (see last post), we decided to make some cheese of our own--Farmer's Cheese! I love this kind of cheese because it is so easy to make. Two little enthusiastic cheesemakers joined me in the kitchen on Tuesday to make a batch. Here they are both posing with the bowl of curds. The curds are draining through a cheesecloth and soon we will gather the edges of the cloth together and squeeze out the excess water.


                   Emma poses a few hours later with the finished product! She didn't really like the taste, but Sophie did! Grandchildren are such fun. We are enjoying making memories! Blessings, LORI

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,
    It's been awhile since I visited. You must be heart broken when those beautiful grand-kids leave. Absolutely adorable. I am on wordpress now at Garden House Living. I needed to combine my work and my blog and that was an easy fit. Stop by if you get a chance.
    Blessings peggy
    formerly meg at vintage garden home now peggy at Garden House Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would we ever have dreamed just what fun it would be with the Grandchildren! We get to be young all over again.

    ReplyDelete